A nice depressing way to summarise years of your life into handy bite-sized snippets.
- Nov 2018: Attended the conference Life and Times of the Milky Way in Shanghai, contributing a talk on comparing GAIA data to my simulations.
- Oct 2018: Supervising MSc student Veronica Zhang, who will be working on the impact of dark matter halos on spiral and bar structure.
- Sept 2018: Gave a contributed talk at the National Astronomical Meeting in Himeji.
- Sept 2018: Semester starts and I will be teaching Physics I, Classical Mechanics II, and Fourier Analysis.
- Sept 2018: Visited the University of Exeter and gave a seminar.
- Sept 2018: Our paper on SMA observations of interacting galaxies has been accepted to ApJ!
- July 2018: My paper on clouds in interacting galaxies has been accepted by MNRAS.
- June 2018: Attending AMUSE workshop in Kobe to hopefully learn a thing or two!
- April 2018: Classes begin for the first second year of the ISP and I'm teaching Classical Mechanics I.
- April 2018: Co-supervising MSc stduent Elizabeth Iles, who will be working on modeling star formation in barred galaxies.
- March 2018: Attended Habe-san's retirement workshop and gave a talk about GMCs.
- March 2018: Visited collaborators at SHAO and gave two seminars about my work
- Feb 2018: Our paper on the structure of M33 has been accepted! (Dobbs et al.)
- Feb 2018: Gave an invited talk at the FUGIN workshop in Nagoya.
- Jan 2018: Visited collaborators at NOAJ and gave an ALMA-J seminar
- Nov 2017: Our paper on clouds in different galaxy models has been accepted! (Nguyen et al.)
- Nov 2017: Paper on bars and spirals in tidal interactions now accepted; come have a read!
- Oct 2017: Gave two seminars at local high school on astrosphyics.
- Sept 2017: Classes begin for the first intake of the ISP and I'm teaching first year phsyics.
- Sept 2017: Attended and gave talk on bars in interacting galaxies at the National Astronomy meeting.
- May 2017: Gave a Sci-Tech talk at Hokkaido Unveristy to the general public.
- April 2017: Paper on star formation in tidal spirals has been accepted; come read on arXiv.
- April 2017: Gave a rapid PechaKucha talk about galaxies!
- March 2017: Visited JAXA in Tokyo and gave a talk at the ISU Space Cafe.
- Feb 2017: Attended ISM-SPP confrence in Cologne, find details and my talk sldies here.
- Feb 2017: The SPH code PHANTOM is now publically available! The paper is submitted and here is the code.
- Jan 2017: SEDIGISM paper on molecular emission of the Milky Way accepted for publication, come read it on arxiv.
- Nov 2016: Attended the COMING workshop at NAOJ, Tokyo. Find my slides and program here.
- Oct 2016: Website for our international science course at Hokkaido Unviesity now live!
- July 2016: Collaboration on magnetic fields in spiral galaxies by C. Dobbs accepted for publication, see here for the paper.
- June 2016: Collaboration on testing hydrodynamic schemes in galactic discs by G. Few accepted for publication, see here for the paper.
- May 2016: Appointed as Assistant Professor for Hokkaido University's Integrated Science Program (ISP).
- March 2016: Paper on tidally induced spirals accepted by MNRAS, go have a gander here!
- March 2016: Visted collaborators at McMaster University, Canada.
- Feb 2016: Wrote another highlight on research piece for Hokkaido University blog about pioneering oncology research at the university.
- Jan 2016: Gave a talk ESLI, Tokyo.
- Dec 2015: Gave a talk at the East Asian ALMA Science Workshop.
- Oct 2015: Gave a talk at a workshop on cloud-cloud collisions at Hokkaido University.
- Sept 2015: Gave a talk at the Astronomical Society of Japan Annual Meeting at Konan University, Kobe and gave a seminar at RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science.
- August 2015: Gave a poster presentation at IAUXXIX, Honolulu, donwload it here and have a look if you like.
- July 2015: Major upgrade to the group webpage, come take a look!
- June 2015: Visits to NAOJ, IMPU, and ELSI in Tokyo. My slides can be found here and here is a video from my talks.
- May 2015: Wrote a highlight on research piece for Hokkaido University blog.
- April 2015: A recording of a talk I gave at CITA can be watched here.
- Mar 2015: Galactic morphology paper 2 accepted by MNRAS, read all about it here!
- Dec 2014: Here is a blog post I wrote for OUP about my PhD work.
- Oct 2014: Obtained PhD and moved to Hokkaido University for post-doc with Elizabeth Tasker.